Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 9th, 2011 07:00

Break Key

I am using DELL VOSTRO 3350 laptop, But BREAK key is not available on the keyboard. What is the alternative solution for Break Key  ?

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

July 11th, 2011 16:00

Dsampath

I have read that there are utilities out there that will allow you to remap break to another key. I have not used anymyself but if you do a web search and you can find quite a few utilities out there.  If all you are wanting is a way to put in a break in a command prompt you can use CTRL + C.

TB

5 Posts

January 21st, 2012 07:00

Try:

[Ctrl]-[Fn]-[F12] or [Ctrl]-[Fn]-[F5]

This works on some Dell laptop models.

July 11th, 2012 05:00

solved?????

For I wasn't sure whether I tried that mentioned [Ctrl]-[Fn]-[F12] and [Ctrl]-[Fn]-[F5] as well, I again tried dozens of combinations and after that it worked "as it should" (as I would say):
generates BREAK which is for PAUSE and CTRL on top for to have .

:emotion-1: :emotion-1: :emotion-1: :emotion-1: :emotion-1: :emotion-1: :emotion-1:

Can anybody tell me how this is turned on and off?

What I just did is I tried dozens of combinations of SHIFT, CTRL an FN, together with the 11 function keys F2 to F12.

Yesterday I had a call of 55 minutes with DELL support and they couldn't give me that information how to activate this shortcut... What will I do if I deactivate that accidentally any time...??

July 11th, 2012 05:00

Hi,
I tried it at another place but perhaps the title with "CISCO router" is not perfect so I try here as well, it is a little bit urgent:

I have the same problem with my brand new E5530 which I bought for to work with Microsoft Office. 2½ days later after configuring it and copying data I tried to use a MS Office file with a macro and I noticed I can't find a way to give the command BREAK which is as long as I can remember. But without that I can not work, I use that Microsoft Office command all the time. And I can't carry araound a keyboard all day...

It is said that there are emulation tools that make it possible to substitute shortcuts, using keys available on the current keyboard. Although there pobably is a DELL solution I would use that as well.
I guess there is a built in DELL Shortcut? I tried , , , , , , and much more, but didn't help.
When I ordered the laptop I wasn't given a warning that there is no standard laptop keyboard installed or that the Latitude E series doesn't support Microsoft Office. So I think it does and I just don't have the info how to give that command?

Can anybody give information about that? I really need the machine but I can't do most of all my work now.

thanks!

3 Posts

January 15th, 2013 08:00

Did you get the problem solved - or ?

3 Posts

January 17th, 2013 01:00

The best solution I have found until now is to use the build in on-screen keyboard:

http://www.softwareok.com/?seite=faq-Windows-8&faq=19.

I have checked it in Excel VBA and it Works!

In a VisualLisp editor in AutoCAD it does not Work but here you can use the debug-Abort evaluation command from the menu.

Hope it helps.

No Events found!