Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 8th, 2013 09:00

C/D Disc Space Help

Hi

My C dirive is nearly full at 60gb however my D drive is empty with 397gb free.  Is this set up correctly?  Can i used the D Drive space or transfer things from C to D?

Thanks

Bern

1.8K Posts

February 8th, 2013 09:00

Hi Bern,

Please share system model and Operating system installed. 

Ideally on C: drive only Operating system is installed. If you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, you may shrink and extend the partition of the hard drives. For more information on this, you may refer to link: http://bit.ly/b3OQBr 

Please reply for further clarifications. 

7 Posts

February 8th, 2013 11:00

Hi Chinmay

Thanks for the response.

I whave Windows 7 and the laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1764 with 64 bit operating system.

1.8K Posts

February 11th, 2013 13:00

Hi Bern,

All hard disks contain one or more partitions. Partitions divide the storage space on the hard drive and store files. If one of your partitions is filling up or you want to create a new one or you just want to free up disk space of the large partitions, you can just resize existing hard disk partitions by following the steps provided in link above.

Before you proceed, I will advise you to take a complete backup of your data (pictures, music, applications, videos, documents) as this step might lead to data loss.

Hope it helps.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

February 11th, 2013 14:00

You could get an apricorn sata wire and another drive and clone to the new drive Resizing the drive.

No Events found!