Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 12th, 2011 04:00

CANT PLAY GAMES SMOOTHLY..!!

i installed some new games to my dell inspiron 15 r , i5 processor , 1 gb graphics card , 4 gb ram..

but still my games are not running smoothly.. ie if i play fi 2011 , in every turn the games lag..

i played crysis 2 , the same..the game lags..

i played  burnout paradise , same game lags when i press a button the game freezes and in order to plat game i have to release the buttons..then again when i press any button it freezes..

i defragment all the hard drives , i cleaned up all the disk ..

i deleted all the temporary internet files.. 

i installed all the updates but still they are not working properly..

what to do ?

9 Posts

March 6th, 2012 09:00

thanks for the reply , but it solved by changing the power plan to HIGH PERFORMANCE..

i know its strange , i observed one thing , when i connected my laptop to the charger , the power plan changed itself  to high and the games worked perfectly..

so everything is solved now..

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 12th, 2011 07:00

What happens if you reduce the video settings in the game?  This is, after all, a low-end budget system - it's not a high performance gaming notebook.

9 Posts

November 13th, 2011 02:00

i have played the same game in windows 7 , i3 processor with 512 mb graphics card , 2 gb ram.. and mini is i5 processor , 1 gb graphics card and 4 gb ram.

almost the double specification..

i mean it ahppens with al the games,..

i have checked the games'system reqquirements..and the minimum fo this was intel core duo 2..and i think i have the latest 2nd generation processor..

si i dont think the specification is a problem..

ok..i play halo online on my pc which has 40 gb har dsik , no graphics card , nothing at all..but still it works fabulous on my pc..

ther's something wrong in the laptop itself..but i dont know what :(

9 Posts

November 15th, 2011 22:00

does someone have any clue whats happening,,??

this dell supports sucks :@

i purchased a dell laptop becuse evrybody were saying dell's support is good :emotion-12:

nobody know anything...

and where are the moderators...where the hell are they...

i even have a sony product and there feedbacks comes within a day.... :emotion-39:

i regret taking a stupid company's laptop..

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

November 16th, 2011 11:00

Your Video card is swapping into System Ram to Add to the GPU.  TurboTrash from NVIDIA or HYPERJUNK From ATI.

When it runs out of REAL Ram it Swaps to the Hard drive and gets REALLY SLOW then.  :emotion-9:

Try Adding At Least 8 Gigs of Ram to your system.  Then what happens?

I would also download and install the latest DirectX patch from June 2010

Memory Type: DDR3 PC3-10600, DDR3 PC3-8500, DDR3 (non-ECC)
Maximum Memory: 8GB
Slots: 2
Each memory slot can hold DDR3 PC3-10600, DDR3 PC3-8500 with a maximum of 4GB per slot.*

part image

DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) - Microsoft

NVIDIA TurboCache

ATI HyperMemory™ - AMD

Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows XP Service Pack 3

No Events found!