Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

3 Posts

July 15th, 2005 12:00

CPort II / C540 Latitude with XP (Cport Network Driver)

All,

As you may have guessed from the subject line, there seems to be some network driver issues with getting a Latitude (with XP) to properly integrate with a CPort II dock.

All other functionalities of the docking station seem to work just fine (USB, video, mouse, serial, keyboard) but the network port.

Everyone in the office that has this combination of Latitude notebook and docking station, is forced to plug a network cable into the side of thier Latitude in order to get network access.Very cheesy looking and definately not in line with the "Plug & Play" attitude we want to promote.

Right now, it's more like "Plug, Reach,, Fumble, Plug - then Play" technology. Not good people - not good!

So, I've searched the download sections - nothing! There seems to be drivers for everything up to 2000, but nothing for XP. Is this a sado-masochistic plot against XP?

So what's the answer? No driver for XP? No support? Is there a different docking station that could be used? Is it available?

Any information would be greatly appreciated -  as I have a $20 bet that I could post a message here and the superb people that traverse this area could come up with a definitive fix for this type of scenario.

Remember - it's my moola on the line here folks!

Much appreciated!
Thosny

9 Posts

August 8th, 2005 07:00

I'm in the same boat as you are, yet I've even searched these forums for an answer, and found two that didn't work (see the rest of these forums)! Did you ever find a solution?

123 Posts

August 8th, 2005 11:00

I have no problem with my C-Port II setup. I have a CPia (PII, 400Mhz) with XP SP2 and I use the 3C920 Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller driver.

September 1st, 2005 16:00

I'm having the exact same problem only with a C400 notebook. I tried to install the WinNT software with disastrous results. I had to re-install Windows XP.

3 Posts

September 3rd, 2005 02:00

Well folks... it seems as though I will have to delve into the piggy bank and slap out the $20 to the over-zealous network guy at work.

I've had some wonderful suggestions and thoughts of encouragement, but nothing substantial enough to warrant exhuberance to keep the fight alive.

So in it's finality, the battle has been lost. We are defeated but ever vigilant that a solution may someday come upon us.

For the gentleman who had a working docking net card with XP, please know that although I am jealous, I am not overly so; since your combination may very well yield positive results, my combination of computer/docking station does not. 

Sincerely,
Thosny

9 Posts

September 3rd, 2005 06:00

Aww man! Remember us little people that can't get it to work once you do! :)

September 4th, 2005 00:00

I have since tried the C400 on another C/Port II device and have no problems. The is only two thing I can think of.

One, My original C/Port II device was bad.

Two, the 2nd C/Port II device I used (that worked) was an older Model. Maybe there is something in that?

No Events found!