Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 30th, 2013 05:00

Camera not working.

Hi.

I have a Dell E5530 using windows 8. Been using laptop for 5+ months.

For the first time today, I open the Camera panel for use and receive msg

“Connect a Camera”.

I do not see Dell Webcam Central in Program & Features.

Do I just need DWC to get it initiated or are there some other options we can test?

Is it possible my camera was not part of my build?

TC.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

October 30th, 2013 05:00

Hi tomx2,

I am sorry about the situation; please check if the webcam is detected in device manager, follow the steps.

Start > in search box type in device manager > under the imaging device > check if the webcam is detected.

You can install the webcam central software using the link below.

http://ftp.us.dell.com/monitors/Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam%20SW%20RC1.1_%20R230103.exe

In case the issue persists, use the link below to run the Dell PC diagnostics on webcam, click on symptom, select webcam and run the diagnostics.

http://dell.to/We70YO

Please let us know about the progress

41 Posts

October 30th, 2013 09:00

Hi DELL-SENTHIL S.

Based on your suggestion, I performed the following:

1. Searched Device Manager  for imaging device - (Result) Could not find imaging device in device manager.

2. Installed Webcam Central Software using the link you provided - (Result) WCS installed successfully, went to the 

camera panel and still receive message "Connect a Camera"

3. Ran Dell PC diagnostics using the link you provided - (Result) No errors were found during the diagnostic scan.

No change in Camera status still not available.

Additional suggestions needed.

Thanks.

TC.

41 Posts

October 30th, 2013 11:00

Hi.

This is Tomx2.

One additional info I forgot to mention, When  launch Webcam Central Software, the message on the window states

"Please plug in a supported device"  I am not able to run the application.

The download link to WCS you provide me above, does it supports Latitude E5530 laptop?

TC. 

41 Posts

November 1st, 2013 14:00

Hi.

I am still unable to get my built-in camera working(see my original post).

Receiving message “Connect to Camera”

I have performed the following troubleshooting so far:

Ran Dell PC diagnostics, no errors were found.

Ran Microsoft hardware and devices troubleshooter, 1 error detected and fixed.

Ran Microsoft Modern app troubleshooter to fix any app  errors. 2 errors detected and fixed.

Went into Bios. Camera was already enabled.

Uninstalled camera apps and installed Camera apps from Microsoft store.

I have no additional hardware to update from device manager.

I am not sure if this is a Dell or Microsoft issue, since I never open the camera apps previously.

I have performed all the Microsoft troubleshooting requested by them.

Microsoft theory is I may have a corrupt dell driver used for the camera apps. And need to re install.

Questions:

Are there some Dell Camera Drivers (for my make/model) I need to install for window 8. or 8.1

Why is imaging device not showing in device manager.

Can Youcam be a replacement apps for my built-in camera. Will this apps work without

my built-in camera functioning.

Please reply asap.

Thanks.

TC.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

November 2nd, 2013 06:00

Hi tomx2,

I am sorry for the delayed response; please reseat the webcam cable referring to the user manual by using the link below.

http://dell.to/18uPpRj

In this link punch in the system service tag or express service code and you can access the user manual. Once the cable is reseated, check if the webcam is detected in device manager under the imaging device or under other device.

Let me know about the progress.

No Events found!