Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

E

1 Message

October 18th, 2007 18:00

Can't disable trackstick on Inspiron 8600!

Hi,
I have a problem with a floating cursor. When I use my keyboard, it just starts floating in all directions. From having looked around on forums, I am pretty sure I need to disable the trackstick on the keyboard as this is probably the casue if the floating mouse.
The problem is that I can't. All the instructions I find tell me to co to Control Panel > Mouse > Device Select and disable it. I just dont have a Decvice Select tab on mine! I think I have looked everywhere on the panel and can't find anything about the trackstick.
Can anyone help???

Btw. I have an Inspiron 8600 running Windows XP

Thank you
Michael

November 23rd, 2007 11:00

I do have the exact same problem, I can't disable this trackstick. In fact, the harder I press on keys close to the trackstick (but still gently !), the faster the mouse moves by itself. The mouse is going more and more haywire as time goes by and I'm this close to a nervous breakdown ô_O

Can anyone please tell us how to solve this problem ??? I just want to disable the trackstick and not the touchpad... Is it possible elsewhere than in my dreams... ? :)

2.2K Posts

November 23rd, 2007 16:00

The control you seek is provided in the mouse menu if the touchpad driver offered at Dell Support is installed.

GM

November 23rd, 2007 20:00

Thanks GreyMack... and all apologies :) I did this just after posting my message, and I was going to say in this forum I don't need help anymore. But thank you for the rapidity of your answer ;)

1 Message

September 28th, 2011 10:00

Floating - Drifting cursor problem solver (Fix)

BEST EVER  - download this software it works immediate. 
http://code.google.com/p/touchfreeze/

Works on all machines in addition to DELL - you name it - it also helps to de-sensitize your touchpad to less touchy - so that the palm of your hands
while hovering over the touchpad do not trigger the floating cursor. Sometimes that works alone, if not, download the free little helper on the

link I provided above. If you don't like the link - Google touchfreeze - it will come up.
You can also Google how to find my touchpad. :) 

Bobbie Short 

No Events found!