Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 10th, 2013 09:00

Can't find drivers for network controller, Android tablet to files from laptop, and Sm Controller for D620 (XP Pro SP3 IE8)

I installed a new HDD in my Latitude D620 and need to install  certain drivers that Dell Detect did not find.

Can't find MTP driver, SM Bus Controller or Network controller drivers. My home-based NFP and personal business are dependent on me having daily access to files at home and in the field.  I have been unsuccessful in transferring files from my laptop or flash drives or portable HDD to my Android tablet, so I can take them with me when in the field.

Have had driver problems since I installed a 1tb (1000gb) WD HDD in September and reinstalled some OEM drivers.    I have 2GB RAM. I have a 320GB portable HDD, too.  I have an Ematic 7" 4.0 Android  capacitative tablet w/Ice Cream Sandwich.  I also have an Android 3G smartphone. 

Please help.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 10th, 2013 10:00

If you're reinstalled Windows, you need to install the chipset driver and Dell notebook system software before any other drivers are loaded.

Chipset drivers under "chipset";  notebook system software under "system utilities"

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/latitude-D620

No Events found!