Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 10th, 2009 08:00

Cancelling an Order

When I pruchased my Inspiron two weeks ago I was informed that the ship date was 8/25.  I should have cancelled the order then but I thought that I was getting a great deal at the time.  Yesterday, we found one for much less money because we need one now not one month after we purchased it.  I figured I would simply cancel the order but lo and behold when I checked the status this morning, it was shipped and is due in tomorrow.  Now what can I do?  I do not want nor need this laptop now.  Oh by the way, I never did receive an email from Dell notifying me that the unit had been shipped even though I signed up for automatic alerts.  If I had, I would have never purchased one yesterday.

3 Posts

Actually I just got off the phone with them.  I figured I'd give that a try and without even asking them to do this, they will give me an RMA number.  No restocking fees and they will even pay for the shipping back.  They said that since I am a valued customer off theirs they will take care of it.  That is one thing about Dell, when you pay for the extra care, they really take care of you.

60 Posts

have your tried speaking to dell? but the chances are you won't get any/ all your money back. best you can hope for is autioning it on ebay and recoupng some money back if your really want that other laptop that bad.

3 Posts

August 10th, 2009 09:00

No, I actually only have me to thank because I pay extra for the Gold Service whenever I purchase a system from Dell.  This is well worth the price they charge, which isn't much considering the cost of no productivity when something goes down.

60 Posts

yeah, thank everyone that has ever bought a dell product, it obviously worked into the price.

60 Posts

didn't realise people actually paid for that.  i researched my product well turns out dell was pretty cheap at the time compared to the rest of the over priced aussie market. i found that upgrading HDD and RAM weren't very good in terms of value for money, then they started raised prices on CPU the price to upgrade to a 2.66 Ghz CPU went up from 350 to 550 in a matter of weeks. i'd like to know WHAT THE HELL justifies 175% increased price.

No Events found!