Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 3rd, 2016 08:00

Cannot disable trackpad on Dell Inspiron 17 5000 series/Windows 10 even though option is disabled.

After upgrading my Dell Inspiron 17 5000 series to Windows 10, the trackpad no longer stays disabled even though I have it disabled through the software.  It is frustratingly annoying!  When I reboot the machine and disable it, it will stay disabled for a short time and then it enables itself even though the software has it turned off. 

It is frustrating because the trackpad will pick up my palm at times and move the mouse or select text and get rid of it in one swoop.   The trackpad is in a horrible spot as it is and I don't want it enabled but the Dell software that controls it does not seem to be working as it should

Anyone have an ideas how to resolve this?  I am ready to chuck this thing out the window and dread typing anything on this stupid thing as it is labor.  Typing this now was frustrating enough. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

May 3rd, 2016 19:00

" the trackpad no longer stays disabled even though I have it disabled through the software ". 

:emotion-2:

You disabled touchpad from Device Manager or Mobility Center ? If no, type Device Manager onto the (Cortana) search bar, click "Mice And Other Pointed Devices", right click the touchpad driver, and then disable it.

Press the windows key logo on the keyboard and X key at the same time, click Mobility Center, and then disable touchpad.

No Events found!