Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 1st, 2015 01:00

Cannot find drivers for "PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller" for Dell Precision M3800

I had a serious problem with the partition table of my laptop, and I ended up formatting the whole drive and reinstalling a fresh Windows 10.  I managed to find almost all of the Dell drivers on the appropriate page. However, in the device manager there are still a series of ACPI-something devices whose driver results as missing, as you can see from the snapshot:

where on the right you can see all the unrecognized devices listed on the left, in the order in which they appear.

I didn't find any ACPI related driver on the drivers download page. Where can I find these drivers?

1 Message

November 20th, 2015 22:00

Got the same issue...

and after several hours, found this cab file 

Unzip it using 7-zip and search the folders when doing "Update Driver" from device manager.

Basically all those unrecognized devices have to do 

• Intel® Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Driver

1 Message

November 5th, 2015 14:00

I am having the same problem on a fresh Windows 10 x64 install. Reloaded three times with the same issues.. This is driving me crazy!!. I downloaded and installed every single driver off Dell's site in the order that Dell recommended. What is wrong with these high-end laptops? Can someone from Dell please test this and find a solution? This should of never been released to the public like this! All about the $$ I guess like everything else these days.

2 Posts

November 15th, 2015 09:00

I have the same problem after a fresh install of windows 10 PRO. I think this has to do with the Intel chipset derivers that was included in windows-7. DELL: The M3800 is a decent notebook, but has many issues, ranging fro unpredictable 1st turn ON of computer, problem turning on from Sleep, USB devices dropping out (i suspect that this has to do with a poor layout of USB differential lines, or USB current limit issues). Get ON this DELL and fix-it, or you will loose many customers when they make their next purchase!!!!!!

16 Posts

November 21st, 2015 06:00

A free app called Driver Booster from IObit will help.

2 Posts

November 24th, 2015 00:00

This worked perfectly, thank you very much!

2 Posts

November 24th, 2015 18:00

Thanks Maver IT,

This will also fix WIN 8.1 install, if you download the respective cab file. 

No Events found!