Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 27th, 2016 10:00

Cannot find the Touchpad Driver to download for my Latitude D630

My Latitude D630 came with Windows Vista x86 OS, and I upgraded to Windows Vista x64 OS. The Touchpad works but not very well. So I look for the Touchpad driver for the Vista x64, However it not given in the Drivers Download of the Support by Product. I wonder how I can get the Driver?

Thank you in advance for any answer.

Best regards,

Vankan   

• 

16.7K Posts

January 28th, 2016 07:00

VanKan,

Click the below to download the touchpad Vista driver for the Latitude D630. The 32 bit driver should work for the 64 bit version.

D630 TouchPad Drivers

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number.

3 Posts

January 28th, 2016 09:00

Hi, Dear DELL-Jesse L,

Thank you so much for your replying and the download suggestion.

I did try to install the 32-bit driver. However, it comes out the message says "This software does not work on your operating system. Click OK to exit setup."  My PC currently running Windows Vista x64, Latitude D630, Service Tag <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>, not know Order Number (bought from eBay the used one).

Vankan

• 

16.7K Posts

January 29th, 2016 04:00

VanKan,

Windows Vista 64 more than likely installs the native driver for the mouse. Go into the touchpad properties to adjust the settings.

3 Posts

January 29th, 2016 05:00

Hi, Dear DELL-JESSE L,

Happy to get reply and to share your experience.

Yes, I also tried to install Win 7 x64 into my Latitude D630, and find all Vista x64 and Win 7 x64 naturally installed the PS/2 Compatible Driver for Dell Touchpad and that works quite well. I think is good enough for most users. But, I do use touchpad only and for complicated architectural or engineering drawings using AutoCAD etc. I need not only well but also exactly control the motion of the cursor by touchpad. That is why I look for the genuine Dell Touchpad driver for more detail settings for my Latitude D630 with x64 OS.

Does DELL have the x64 driver for the about 8-years old notebook PC of Latitude D630?

VanKan  

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

January 29th, 2016 07:00

No Events found!