Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 23rd, 2012 10:00

Cannot update windows or any drivers on my Inspiron 8200

I recently formatted my Dell Inspiron 8200 and installed original software, that includes XP Home Edition and the Dell Drivers disk.

Now, however, I can get online but cannot update anything as it says my software is too old. Any advice?

Would it be possible to download drivers to a flashdrive on my other laptop and install them on the Inspiron? I'm out of ideas.

Thanks!!

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

SP1 is apparently no longer available as an offline install - what you will need to do is prepare a new Windows CD with SP3 integrated onto it -  there am a number of ways to do this, nLite-OS being one of the easier to use:

http://www.nliteos.com/

2 Posts

I tried to install that directly to the laptop but it said I needed Service Pack 1, which also would not download.

And I was unable to download the Service Pack 3 to a flashdrive. It tried to download them to my working laptop. :)

I'm able to get to the Internet, but it won't let me even do a regular windows update. Just crashes and goes back to the desktop.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

You need to install Service Pack 2 minimum (better yet, SP3) to receive updates for XP.

You can download it and put it on a flash drive for installation

www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx

No Events found!