Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 19th, 2014 20:00

Cannot use Intel Rapid Storage Technology to Accelerate after replacing SATA hard drive.

I just replaced the SATA hard drive of my Inspiron 14Z (5423) with Dell recommended replacement part (Manufacturer Part# JT37D) but have noticed that the computer is much slower than before which is very surprising since it is pretty much empty with the exception of Microsoft Offices.

Then I've found that the accelerated device is "inaccessible" from the Intel Rapid Storage Technology application. As shown in the pics.

My question is: Is this because the hard drive was installed incorrectly, or because the problem is with the hard drive itself as it is not the same model as what originally installed in the laptop?

If it was because incorrect installation, what do I need to do to correct it?

Thanks so much!

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

December 19th, 2014 23:00

Hi IamAuu,

Once you replace a hard drive on the system you will need to rebuild the RAID (ISRT) on the system. You will need to perform the steps in the link below to reconfigure the mSATA card has the caching device for the current operating system.

http://dell.to/1wUTYEf

Please let me know if this helps.

8 Posts

December 20th, 2014 08:00

8 Posts

December 20th, 2014 09:00

The issue is solved now:)

The link was really helpful. But what worked for mine was a bit different though - I changed SATA to AHCI, clean and offline disk mSATA Disk, then change SATA back to Intel smart response technology BUT after that I restart to window without any Option Rom pop up (I didn't have to press Ctrl+I, R to disable acceleration).

Anyway, thanks a ton!

8 Posts

8 Posts

No Events found!