Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 29th, 2016 21:00

Certain Keyboard Keys Not Working

My keyboard, on my Dell Inspiron 13 inch 7000 Inspiron isn't working properly. It was working fine not too long ago, but, now some of the keys aren't working all the time. Most of the time certain keys don't work. Which are: delete, backspace, play/pause, FF, RW, Brightness Down, Down arrow key, up arrow key, left/right arrow keys. Sometimes these keys work, sometimes they don't. There's no pattern of when they work or when they don't. Sometimes they work in Chrome and sometimes they work in Microsoft Office programs. But, sometimes they don't. I haven't dropped anything so I don't why they stopped working. They all worked before and now they randomly stopped working. I have not installed any new programs, or uninstalled any. 

Please help me, thanks.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 1st, 2016 01:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

We would like you to check if the same happens when you are in " Safe mode ".

Update the drivers .Also kindly private message the service tag to the system.

Thanks

Robin

March 1st, 2016 11:00

Hey Robin,

I tried safe mode and the keys mentioned still don't work. As mentioned in the previous post, they worked before and now they don't. I've updated the drivers and that didn't fix anything. I've also checked for viruses and Webroot says that my computer is clean. I ran CC Cleaner and that didn't find any problems either. I've ran updates on my computer and everything is up to date.  

How do I private message the service tag to the system???

Thanks,

Danielle

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 7th, 2016 05:00

Hi,

Kindly add me to the list and you will be able to private message the tag to m e.

I would also suggest that you back up on the data on the system and reset the system to its factory defaults.

Thanks

Robin

No Events found!