Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 23rd, 2016 09:00

Charging Inspiron 13 7000 via USB-C

From a reply by ejn63 I found out that I CAN charge my new Inspiron 13 7000 via the USB-C port, which happens to be a USB 3.0 connector (ejn63 said 'Yes, the USB-C can be used to charge the system.').

So before I burn the motherboard of the new laptop I have the following questions:

Question 1: Can I charge the laptop's battery connecting a standard USB charger for mobile phones (240V to 5V, 2A) via a USB Type A to USB Type C cable?

Question 2: Can I charge the laptop's battery connecting the same cable to a power bank 10,000 mAh, 5V 2A

9 Posts

January 4th, 2017 04:00

Did you ever get an answer to this? I just bought a 7378 and it is not clear at all which adapter I need to use to charge the laptop via USB-C which they clearly indicate that you can do.

Make the most of every minute: The USB Type C port supports single-cable docking for more convenience, DisplayPort for connecting to ultra-high resolution external displays, and DC-in, so you can charge your 2-in-1 the same way you do on your tablet.

20 Posts

January 5th, 2017 20:00

Hi, Cly28

Happy New 2017 an thanks for your reply!

An engineer paid me a visit to change the motherboard and I asked him the same question - Can I charge the laptop's battery through the USB-C port? He said he didn't know but it's safer not to try as I may burn the main board. I have not found enough information about Dell accessories on their website, the sales people have misled me twice, the service people here in China are unaware of USB-C and are very reluctant to share any information, so I dare not try until I find a reliable Dell service centre. Judge for yourself:  "The Dell Active Pen [PN556W] is compatible with select Dell branded notebooks and tablets." Well, thank you for the info! (Source: 

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

No Events found!