Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 2nd, 2013 00:00

Chipset Error on DELL Latitude E6510

Dear DELL Support and All,

I have a problem with my Latitude E6510, i cant enter the OS and the BIOS works slow. This problem can be happened because of the chipset problem (looks a bit fried).

Is there anyone have a problem like me? I guess that i must change it with the new motherboard. 

How much money i must spend for this replacement at service DELL?

Regards,

Yougyz

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

November 2nd, 2013 05:00

Hi YougyZ,

Please load BIOS to defaults and check if the issue persists, follow the steps below.

Shutdown the computer tap F2 during the startup, in BIOS page press the F9 key on the keyboard which will load BIOS defaults and press F10 to save and exit.

In addition try running the hardware diagnostics to check if the hardware is working as designed; please refer to the link below.

http://dell.to/162eS7m

You can also run the hardware diagnostics by pressing the Fn + power.Let us know if there is any error code listed.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 2nd, 2013 05:00

Remove the hard drive.   Can you then get into BIOS setup normally?

5 Posts

November 3rd, 2013 11:00

Sorry for my late reply.

I tried this, and i can enter to the BIOS normally, but still he is slow (a bit lag to each configuration page).

Regards

5 Posts

November 3rd, 2013 12:00

Hi Senthil,

Sorry for my late reply.

I have tried to load the default setting in BIOS, and still cant enter the OS (Win XP). I tried to run the hardware diagnostics, but its stuck on black screen. I see there is one BLINK led on the 1st led, OFF on the middle caps lock led and ON  (*Blink -Off +On), I dont have idea for this sign.

Maybe you know what this means?

Thanks before.

Regards.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

November 4th, 2013 09:00

Hi YougyZ,

The LED code which you have provided is not available; please abosorb LED codes once again. I have provided the LED codes (ON-FLASH-FLASH, FLASH-ON-ON, FLASH-ON-FLASH, OFF-FLASH-OFF, ON-FLASH-ON, OFF-FLASH-FLASH, FLASH-FLASH-FLASH, FLASH-FLASH-OFF, OFF-ON-OFF, FLASH-FLASH-ON) please check if the LED codes are similar to one of these.

Once I get the information I will assist you further.

1 Message

May 15th, 2014 01:00

I have the same problem which started yesterday (May14, 2014). I have OS- Windows 7 32-bits on my Latitude E6510. After it is turned on, it takes 5 minutes before windows starting up. Once it started, everything runs fine.
No Events found!