Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 8th, 2014 16:00

Clean Install Part 2

I want to thank the one person who answered my first question in Clean Install.  However, I came into a problem, which in one main heading such as "NETWORKING" there are several files that I feel could fill my problem, but I'm sure that is only one.  So which files do I download as there are so many to choose from.  According to my Device Manager I have the following:

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Intel(R) Centrino Advanced-N 6230 wireless card

My next question is I have a Driver and Resource Disk (black).  If I use this disc to load in my devices, will Dell website update them for me automatically?

Thank you

9 Posts

November 8th, 2014 23:00

Type in the error code in and MS solved it for me.  Thanks everyone.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

November 8th, 2014 18:00

I prefer downloading the drivers directly from the Dell Website as they are more up to date than the resource DVD.

Its best you follow the driver installation order here I explain it in more detail than the Dell documentation. If your hardware IDs match they 2 devices you won't need the remaining networking drivers.

9 Posts

November 8th, 2014 21:00

When I tried to load in the driver for the WiFi I received this:  (Screen Shot).

Can anyone tell me what is going on?

9 Posts

November 8th, 2014 21:00

I thank you for your reply.  However, since I'm really totally confused on which drivers I need for the networking, if I load all the drivers from the resource disk, then log on to Dell, wouldn't their program update all my drivers?

Again, thanks.

P.S.  That is a heavy duty list of stuff. 

No Events found!