Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 1st, 2016 13:00

Cloning with Samsung data migration missed a partition?

Hello Dell Community!

I just got the Dell 7559 and added an 250 GB Samsung M.2 SSD and cloned the 1TB onto it. In disk manager it shows a partition of 11.41GB that was not cloned onto the SSD (see pic). Everything else was cloned fine, I've searched the internet and cannot work out what this 11.41Gb is. Is it just Dell drivers? I want to format the 1TB drive now but am afraid that I'll lose valuable info on the 11.41GB.

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

1 Attachment

33 Posts

September 8th, 2016 03:00

Apart from the recovery partition of Windows, there may be another recovery partition created by the computer manufacturer like Lenovo and Dell that has made their computer come with an OEM recovery partition consuming about 7 to 20 GB, which contains the WinRE and their factory installation files. This OEM partition allows you to press a specified key to boot into Recovery Environment, so you can recover your OS to factory setting without a Windows installation disc. If you have a copy of Windows installation, you can delete this OEM partition to free up more disk space. This guide has a more detailed explanation about it, you can please have a look.

2 Posts

September 12th, 2016 14:00

Thanks annain!

No Events found!