Highlighted
3 Argentum

Color calibration - Inspiron 7559

Hi,

I received my new laptop yesterday (7559) and I love it, but I have an issue with color. It's more about green that look too dark.

For example, this green from the Xbox icon :

Look like that for me :

What's the best setting for contrast, saturation, gamma, etc. that I can edit in the Intel Control panel?

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Highlighted
3 Argentum

RE: Color calibration - Inspiron 7559

Any ideas?

I tried to change some saturations and stuffs in the Intel control panel, but no good result.

Do you know what's the best display profile to have or do you have any profile to download for free?

thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Still want help to find the best settings for colors.

For now, I'm changing so much stuffs in the Intel HD Control panel that the white look white, but other stuffs are a bit too blue or red...

Also, yellow color doesn't seem right...

Is there someone out there who fixed the screen color range?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Nobody fixed the color?

If someone fixed the color with a software like Spyder 5 on the matte display of the 7559, plz can you share me the ICC that I can download?

PS: When I add ICC, do I need to reset all my previous color changes? I made a lot of change to get something good... But it's still wrong.

Can someone at Dell provide me help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Hi Nic,

These displays do not require a separate ICC profile to work. Have you tried connecting the laptop to an external monitor to check if it is the issue with the display or the color calibration in the Intel graphics control panel?
Also do share the actual pictures of the display.
You can also run a display diagnostics by pressing the 'D' and powering the system on.

Also send me a private message with the service tag of the computer, registered owner's name and email address.

Thanks and Regards,
DELL-Aniketh S
Dell Social Media and Community Professional
Order Status
Download Drivers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Iron

If you need precise color calibration for some reason you will need a calibration program like colormunki. If all you are looking for is a simple way to get "good looking"color on your display, I find calibrize works well for me, and its free.

http://www.calibrize.com/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Cadmium

Such displays may not "require" a color profile as much as wide-gamut panels do, but their channel responses are still pretty badly twisted, so that calibration is a very good idea.

Check if the same type of panel is assesed at:

www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Inspiron-15-7559-Notebook-Review.154635.0.html

where a color profile is also available.

www.drycreekphoto.com/.../MonitorCalibrationHardware.html

I do not believe in calibration without a good calibrator - there may even be issues with some calibrators not working best with newer panel types.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Doesn't really work since the display only get 63% of sRGB colors...

I downloaded the ICC profile from www.gaminglaptopsjunky.com/.../ but I wish I could get better colors. It's better than the yellowish one, but still not perfect.... I edited some settings in Intel control panel and it look much better, but still no true red, green, blue and yellow. It's kind of darker tone of the colors. Whatever, since I'm stuck with this screen for 6 years (the time I keep a laptop).

I also saw that it's brighter on top left of the screen and darker on bottom right. Is it normal? Maybe it's the way it was made...

Pictures tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Cadmium

Which panel does yours have?

Device Manager -> Monitors -> Generic PnP -> Properties -> Details -> Hardware Ids

More detailed using HWInfo.

Notebookcheck reports 90% sRGB with LG Philips LGD04D9 / 156UD2 / Dell P/N: 53FC4 panel, quite decent for a laptop today.

The 63% sRGB of the BOE is still higher than average for a laptop panel ;(

Surely, calibration can't increase the gamut (in fact it can decrease it if you're calibrating for the standard D65 white point not the native white point). But it should be able to straighten the color responses in non-CM programs, and provide accurate colors while within gamut in CM programs.

With a 6-bit panel, you are likely to see posterization in certain areas with smooth brightness gradients, and this may get even worse with calibration.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

I have the BOE... But really, Dell should try to get around 90% in every display... Don't know why it's 63%?

At school if you have 63%, you are borderline.

0 Kudos