Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 29th, 2011 12:00

Complaint to Dell -

I was unable to find a proper email to contact a Dell complaint center, so I believe that the community ought to know about the problems of buying a Dell. In 2008 I had purchased a Dell Inspiron 1525 in order to prepare for college and finally become a member of the wireless community. I believed my purchase to be an investment that would still function properly throughout my college years. I took great care of my laptop but still experienced a multitude of annoying problems. These problems began to appear within the year of my purchase, my 6-cell battery could only function for 45 minutes and it took 5 minutes for the laptop to shutdown or hibernate properly. The year following my battery had completely stopped functioning as well as my charger/adapter. I attempted to remain calm and believed that these were easily repairable problems. Instead of my laptop being an investment it became a project of countless hours spent in finding solutions to each and every problem. Although it slowly sucked away money from my bank account I knew the processor was functioning properly and would last me through college. I still believe my processor will keep working, however the designers for this laptop specifically made it so that it could not last. I never dropped my laptop I always kept it in a case, but simply from opening my laptop the structural support for the monitor cracked and finally came undone. The processor is in great condition no viruses, the laptop was well taken care of, but yet it still was made to break. I am currently keeping this laptop alive with tape and clips, and severely wish that I had purchased a laptop from somewhere else.

The purpose of this message is to make the designers aware that their products affect the lives of millions of individuals. These products are supposed to ease the lives of individuals instead of being a waste. I can't afford to spend money on a new laptop, I can't afford to spend time installing all the programs I need, but due to the carelessness of the designers I have to.

No Responses!
No Events found!