Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 3rd, 2017 10:00

Completely lost as to what to do with XPS 13 9350

Hi all. I'm finally completely at a loss. I've been a dell customer for years, but now the customer service I have received  is finally putting me off. I just need help, and I don't know what else I can do from here.

Explaining my issue, I have a Dell XPS 13 laptop that has always had issues. It has had a consistent buzzing issue for it's entire lifespan from the internals of the computer. Now, it refuses to charge. The battery health is excellent, as are all other diagnostic tests. I have updated the bios and everything, but it refuses to recognize the AC adapter. This is with a brand new AC dell adapter. I was told early on the issues would subside with updates and that I should not send the system in (this was while I still had warranty). Now that my extended warranty has been out for only a month and a serious problem arises, they tell me I need to pay to send it in and have repairs done. Quite frankly, I don't want to pay more money for a defective unit that has been defective since I purchased it. I LOVE everything about the laptop, but I just want it to work. There is no damage to the unit superficially, and I'm at a loss. I just need some actual help. I've been told there is an issue with the charging port shorting against the bottom chassis. If the repair is just something as easy as that, I would totally have it repaired. But if the problem is a defective motherboard, I can't justify spending another $500 on parts for a defective unit after I just spent $200 on new chargers to try and resolve the issue. AND when I asked about extending my warranty, the agent refused. I'm at a loss.

I know this is a wall of text, but I feel like I was ignored until more money could be dragged out of me. I just want someone to communicate to me what the best option actually is. If I'm now stuck with a defective unit and can't extend my warranty (WHICH IS ONLY OUT BY A MONTH) I would be very upset. I don't feel like I should spend $1300 on a laptop to have it shut down after just over a year.

PLEASE HELP! I LOVE THIS LAPTOP AND JUST WANT TO SEE IT UP AND RUNNING!

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 3rd, 2017 11:00

Replace the DC power jack -- a low cost part:

www.newegg.com/.../Product.aspx

If that doesn't solve the problem, then you'll need to consider the cost of a mainboard replacement.

No Events found!