Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 2nd, 2014 00:00

Computer randomly turns off

Hi, my INSPIRON 14R is couple months old, but now I got a problem with it. Until recently it happened once a while, but now it's pretty frequent problem. When I lift a computer or just move my computer so it turns off. I don't know where is the problem. Do you have any idea? Thank you

3 Apprentice

• 

540 Posts

April 2nd, 2014 09:00

Hi Krejca,

Thanks for your post. As the system is powering down when you move it I would suspect a loose hardware component connection is the cause.

If the systems screen goes blank but LED lights remain on, the issue could be with the LCD cable connection.

If the system powering off completely / No LED light activity the issue may be related to the connection of another hardware component. I would suggest initially reseating the systems optical drive and memory as they are the easiest to access from the bottom access panel. If the problem continues after the reseat I would suggest checking the hard drives connection to the motherboard and reseating.

Service Manual - Dell Inspiron N4110

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_inspiron_laptop/inspiron-14r-n4110_Service%20Manual_en-us.pdf

Let us know how it goes,

No Events found!