Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 21st, 2012 12:00

Computer was freezing then windows corrupted and received error messages

Ok, I haven't downloaded anything or opened any suspicious e-mails or anything. Haven't installed any programs either but here's what happened. The other day my computer started going very slow and freezing a lot. So I decided to turn it off. when I turned it back on Windows wouldn't start I got the message saying /windows/system32/config/system is corrupt. So I put in the re installating disc. I ran the diagnostics on the disc and it said it was not a problem windows could fix automatically. I also formatted my harddrive. When trying to reinstall windows kept getting the message "windows is unable to find a system volume that meets it's criteria for installation" where I clearly had over 100Gb free. I also ran diagnostics on the BIOS and got two error messages over and over again one was 0F00:0667 and the other was 0F00:0244 I remember the second error code the message said something like uncorrectable data. What the heck is going on and why can't I get windows reinstalled again.

1.1K Posts

September 21st, 2012 18:00

Hi LINK398,

This error message appears to be related to the hard drive, however, I will recommend you to run the diagnostics again and give me the exact error code along with the error message:

• Restart your system and keep tapping “F12” as soon as the Dell logo appears.
  • Highlight “Diagnostics”/"Boot to utility partition" using up and down arrow keys and press enter.
  • The diagnostics should initiate.

I am sending you a friend request followed by a private message. Please add me as a friend and send your system's service tag through the private message to check the warranty status. I will be glad to assist you further.

Keep me posted. Please reply for any further questions.

1.1K Posts

September 24th, 2012 17:00

Hi LINK398,

Please share the results of the diagnostics. Glad to help.

No Events found!