Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

July 11th, 2017 02:00

Constant BSOD since June 3rd, 2017 (No program or particular act triggers it)

I have a Dell XPS 15 9550 and all of a sudden I have been getting a BSOD constantly. It can be when I'm using Excel, Web Browsing, or even when I have the computer sitting on my desk doing nothing.

I turned off the feature to do an auto restart after it never created a record or log of the issue.

I got "Stop Code: UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION"

This computer came with Windows 10 installed by Dell so this isn't in relation to an upgrade from 8 to 10.

The Event Viewer only lists "Event ID 41 Kernel-Power Task Category 63"

I'm at a loss as to what is going on and having this laptop being barely over a year old it's nuts to have a 1600+ paperweight.

Hopefully someone has some thought or etc for me.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

July 11th, 2017 07:00

On June 3rd or just prior to that date, did you get any type of updates or install any new apps?

Have you checked you drivers to make sure they are up to date?

Although the utility to check dump files doesn't work correctly right now, if you could place one or more of your dump files on OneDrive and give us a link, we could try to check it.  You may have a Memory.dmp file if you have not adjusted your system for smaller versions or a mini-dump folder which will contain the smaller versions.

There is a small possibility a new Windows update will be available today which may help.

July 11th, 2017 08:00

The only thing I remember getting around that time was the Creator's Edition (which I thought i turned off auto updates for that).

I could be wrong on that though, but I didn't download any new apps or programs.

I did check to make sure I had all the updated drivers, but it said I had them all unfortunately.

i looked in the "windows" folder and there is nothing called memory.dmp or anything in the "minidump" folder unfortunately either.

July 14th, 2017 03:00

It did get the BSOD again, but once again no program can seem to find any dump files being created by the computer. I've used WhatCrashed (or a name similar to it) and it won't find anything, I do manual searches and there are no dump files other than chrome, searchUI, itunes... I'm at a loss and so far so is everyone else that has had a look. No one seems to under stand why I get the screen, I can show what the BSOD gives me as an error, but for some reason windows never has a record of it period.

The BSOD it shows is "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION"

So far it points to either an issue with Windows 10 that is a month and half in the making or I don't know if it is a hardware issue. I run diagnostics on my laptop, but because Dell uses and OEM drive from samsung (PM951 M.2 SSD) apparently no secondary program can tell me the S.M.A.R.T. test results to see if it is a HD issue.

I have considered creating a bootable thumb drive of windows 10 that bypasses my laptop's internal drive and the just let it run for 2+ days and see if the error occurs then as their was a post around here about someone getting random BSOD and he kept the computer off the internet till he had installed a completely fresh copy of Windows 10 and then he updated the intel rapid storage one and the intel managment engine only after he had the new creator's edition on the laptop and that seemed to fix his issues (he claimed he had pinpointed that those particular drivers were what went psycho once he was forced to download creator's edition).

I have zero idea if that is my issue and that would the cheaper route to test over buying a new M.2 SSD to test the same theory, but then finding out it had nothing to do with the SSD.

If anyone has any other thoughts I would welcome any input.

Take care.

No Events found!