Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 9th, 2012 16:00

Constant screen flicker on xps LS11z

I'm hoping someone can help me out with this.

I have a a Dell XPS LS11z that is less than a year old and recently the screen has started to flicker. This isn't a small occasional flicker, this is near constant. Think of what you'd think a screen would look like if there were an earthquake in your screen, and that's what it looks like. 

Does anyone have and idea what this might be from and/or how to fix it? When I first bought the computer I recall Dell was really pushing me to buy a warranty for the screen...almost like they expected issues. Needless to say, it's extremely irritating. If anyone has any insight into this, it would be extremely appreciated. Thanks.

677 Posts

September 10th, 2012 07:00

Hi jeffnyc,

I request you to connect the laptop to a monitor, and check if the flickering still continues on the monitor (Once connected hold down the “Windows key” and tap the “P” key to switch display to the monitor). Check if the flickering happens as soon as the system starts or if it happens once you see Windows. We can run the LCD diagnostics by holding the “D” key down and starting the system. Please make a note of any errors and observe if the flickering continues during diagnostics.

Updating the latest BIOS software should fix the issue. Please find the link below from where the software can be downloaded.  

http://dell.to/Olefg0

If the system doesn’t flicker during the diagnostics, you can also update the Video driver which can be found in the same link above.

Please let us know in case of any queries.

Thanks and regards
Harish R
#iworkfordell

No Events found!