Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 8th, 2014 12:00

Convert Line In jack to Headphone jack Alienware M14xR2

Hi,

I own a alienware M14xR2 laptop... It has Creative Sound Blaster recon 3di sound card 3 audio jacks but saldly 2 of the have been damaged accidentally... So I am left with only one audio jack which is by default a line in jack... It plays sound in 5.1 speaker mode but I couldnt find a way to convert it to a headphone jack... I am very sure there must be a way to solve this but I couldnt do it myself so I need your help...

Thanks in Advance

Ps: The only other options i am left with is get the sound card replaced but the price dell guys are qouting is insane... or buy a usb sound card but the sound quality would never be the same... so guys pls help...

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

May 8th, 2014 13:00

A line in jack cannot be turned into a line out one.

May 9th, 2014 01:00

But i works as line-out in 5.1 speaker config... I have tried that...

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

May 9th, 2014 04:00

A line in jack cannot be turned into a line out one

Hello. You might want to update your information on this topic.

Modern laptops have re-configurable audio jacks. On all Dell models with 3 audio jacks (2 headphone and 1 mic), the jacks can be configured for surround sound, where the mic jack becomes the output jack for the rear speakers of the system.

kumarrishianand,

I agree with you that you should be able to configure your mic jack to be your primary output jack, but the driver does not allow for that configuration. You would need to find a hacked driver. I would just use a usb audio jack. There are plenty of cheap ones available that only cost a couple of dollars, but there are also better ones with good DAC's for more $ that should provide decent audio. You don't need a full featured sound card, just the jack.

May 10th, 2014 16:00

Thanks mate... I tried hacking the driver but screwed it all up...

Hv ordered a Asus Xonar U7 instead...

No Events found!