Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 23rd, 2012 11:00

Couple of issues Inspiron mini

I'm breaking basic rule of  all forums. Posting multiple issues without proper searching first.  Unfortunately I am visually under restrictions just now so...

I haven't used my netbook much for the last 6 months. I was having issues before I stopped,but with no flash on my iPad....

So this week I am reinstalling Win 7 and removing the additional Ubuntu.  I've finally gotten the wifi driver resolved. So now running the checks before moving forward.  It failed the 2D-3D Video test.?  Likely driver but I don't know where to start on that one.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

The other issue concerns me more.  I don't think the cooling fan is working at all. The hardware checks said it passed but no info was given/available.  Within 10-15 mins it is so hot that it is very uncomfortable on my legs or just to touch.  I've also had multiple times in the last 4 days that it just shuts down. No warnings,no errors,just down.  I'm guessing it's hitting critical heat although I have no way of monitoring it in windows.

I did get an update alert on the BIOS which I'll try to get done today,but as of right now I can access the fan controls using F2 or F10 during start up.

Thanks for any help!

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

November 23rd, 2012 12:00

There are MANY MANY MINI Versions.

One Size DOES NOT FIT ALL for All versions of the Inspiron Mini.  Multi OS multi boot is not supported.

4 Posts

November 23rd, 2012 18:00

Mine is well out of warranty. I have no plans of using dual boot this time around since I'm being forced back into using windows to newtork/share with the iPad. Specifically it iss an Inspron 1012 with Win 7HP sp1 installed; Realteck HD Audio; VGA; Atheros WiFi, Intel Atom N450 @1.66GHz I'm not looking for support with the OS. A way to acces the fan controls mmost likely through BIOS would be helpful. If the fan is dead then I will have to figure out cost effectiveness of repair vs. antoher alternative since I know I will be needing to replace primary PC in the next 3-6 months. ThANKS
No Events found!