Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 10th, 2015 12:00

D3100 Docking station for Windows 8.1 (XPS13 2015)

So it seems that this new dell docking station doesn't seem to work well with the new XPS 13 (2015 model) that came with Windows 8.1 OS.  I had ordered 10 for our users for the hdmi output and potential 4k for monitors but it seems after hours with Dell tech support it seems that they can't get no close to resolving the problem.

The issue is that after installing the docking station software.   All but two devices are left under Device Manager as devices with no drivers (Dell Gigabit Ethernet, Dell USB Audio).  I thought I could look live without those two devices but after plugging in a Dell 4K monitor i get no out from my XPS 13 laptop.  

I tried downloading the D3100 drivers from the Dell website but it's the same install that is available from the cd-rom install and re-install doesn't update the drivers.

If someone has found any resolution to this it would be quite helpful.

7 Posts

January 21st, 2016 08:00

I had this problem with a Latitude 7350 2 in 1 and the D3100 dock.  I'm running Windows 10.  This problem was driving me crazy

I went into C:\Program Files\DisplayLink Core Software.  Go into the Audio Driver Folder and the CdcNcmDriver folders and find the files with a .inf extension.   Right click on them and choose Install.

That should load the drivers you need for both items.  That's what finally worked for me.

If you can't see the extensions, you need to go into Control Panel - File Explorer options - View tab and uncheck the box next to Hide Extensions of known file types.

May 22nd, 2015 05:00

I installed the drivers from the " title="http://www.dell.com/support/home/cd/en/cddhs1/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=1W2F3" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">website on my XPS13 (2015) and it work directly (with ethernet, audio, usb and 2 1080p screens), but one screen (on the displayport port) keeps flickering. Also the laptop is cooling a lot more than usuall. So it apparently is quite an impact on the CPU.

2 Posts

August 14th, 2015 03:00

I have just purchased a 2015 XPS 13 delivered with Windows 10. I have downloaded the latest driver for the D3100 docking station and continue to receive a notice that I do not have the latest driver. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

2 Posts

August 21st, 2015 02:00

I am having the same problem with my new XPS 13 running Windows 10. No solution yet.

1 Message

September 13th, 2015 15:00

When I try to install the latest Displaylink driver, my system becomes corrupted and I have to perform a factory rest :-(

1 Message

October 16th, 2015 00:00

Same issue - new XPS13 (9343) upgraded to Windows10 Pro (but only after firmware upgrade on SSD) with brand new D3100 - no HDMI output recognised (although USB ports working). All drivers are up to date per dell Diagnostics.

Any solutions please Dell?

1 Message

May 2nd, 2016 15:00

I just bought the D3100 in hopes of using it for 3 displays, 2 via HDMI and 1 via DisplayPort. Using Samsung 370 S24e370dl monitors which support HDMI, DP, and VGA. I can only get the HDMI to work for display but no audio and no DisplayPort out put at all. Nor does the front or rear audio ports work... Any help???

No Events found!