Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

L

March 9th, 2004 20:00

D600 - Raedon Mobility 9000 - LAG GAMES

When I play 3D games (NFS Underg., Call of Duty...) sometime happen that game begin lag (very slow moving like on very very slow computer with very very slow graphic card). I dont know WHY? I try differnt version drivers of ATI Raedon Mobility 9000 but nothing happend. When game is lag, utillization of CPU is about 100% (game do about 100% cpu utillization). When I change resolution in game, lag stop, but only few minutes. Sometime I play 3 hours and nothing happened, sometimes I play 20 minutes and game begin lag.

I try OFF my Norton antivirus but not help this.

HELP ME SOMEBODY PLEASE.

D600 1,4 Pentium M (Windows XP Prof)
512 MB RAM
ATI Raedon Mobility 9000, 32 MB

Thank for advice,

LeeT, ICQ:84497188

14 Posts

March 23rd, 2004 06:00

Are you using the latest dx9b drivers?  If so try downgrading to 9 or 8.  I remember there was a utility that allowed you to downgrade, though I never tried it myself.

I just keep hearing the same problem with people using the dx9b on a notebook that I have to wonder if it's the dx9 drivers themselves.

3 Posts

April 20th, 2004 23:00

Hi,

I'm having the same problem.  I downgraded my DirectX from 9.0b to the Windows XP default (8.1), and I experienced the same problems.  Any updates to this?  I play the same game on other computers, and they work fine.  I know that it has to do with the Latitude D600.  Please advise.

Thanks

28 Posts

April 21st, 2004 16:00

Try downgrading to BIOS version A06 or earlier.  The newer versions are stricter with the memory temps and will slow down the ram when it reaches 140 F.

3 Posts

April 22nd, 2004 15:00

Downgrading the BIOS worked!!!  How did you know that the newer BIOS was more restrictive with the memory temperature?  I didn't know that the memory temperature could cause the lag that I was experiencing.

You have no idea how happy I am, now that it's fixed!  I've tried just about everything under the sun ... from re-installing Windows XP to spending numerous days with Dell tech support.  That reminds me ... Dell made a big mistake by outsourcing their tech support to India.  The quality of their tech support service has deteriorated.  Every time that I called, I repeated myself over and over because the tech support representatives did not understand the problem.  Well, I could go on and on about this, but I'll save it for another discussion.

Thank you everyone for all of your help!

28 Posts

April 22nd, 2004 19:00

I'm glad it works for you now

I found it out using a program called fangui which gives the temps for the cpu, hd, gpu, and ram.  Whenever it slowed down i noticed that none of the other temps were high enough to cause the problem, but the ram was at 138, right below the max op. temp of 140.  It also kicked down the speed to 600 mhz, but it must also slow the ram too somehow because it became overly sluggish, more than it would simply by the cpu dropping.  It would stay slow until the ram reached a certain temp, i think around 127 or so.  Then it would kick back up and be fast for another 20 mins or so, and again the ram temp would be 138...

Tech support just makes you jump through the hoops, but I'm glad they have these forums, this is where i found most of the answers.

January 31st, 2013 21:00

HI.....

PLZ TELL ME HOW TO DOWNLOAD BIOS A06 OR EARLIER FOR DELL LATITUDE D600
 I TRY TO SEARCH IN GOOGLE BUT NOTHING FOUND CAN U SHOW ME A WEBSITE TO DOWNLOAD???

February 1st, 2013 08:00

HI..............................................

can you tell me that where did u download bios???

i try it on google ...i found some but when i click it . it says that before bios plug in your ac adapter and batterry ...

so can u show me the website ???

I REALLY NEED IT.....

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

February 1st, 2013 09:00

A radeon 9000 does not even support Directx9.  Its not going to meet minimum requirements for ANY current games.

No Events found!