Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

L

1 Message

July 19th, 2004 13:00

D600 problems with D Dock and D Port

I was hoping someone could give me a answer to a problem that has been haunting me since we got these new models. The laptop runs fine outside the docking station. I shut it down and put it into the dock and turn it on. I cannot sign on to the domain and am forced to use a local user account. Once the desktop comes up, some of the startup items startup properly. After waiting about 4-5 minutes, the rest of the items finally startup. During the time where they dont startup, I am unable to access certain things in windows. Notably the Device Manager freezes when I attempt to open it, Add/Remove programs same. I can look at the display properties but when I click advanced to go into the Advanced Display properties, it freezes up. This freezing up only happens until the rest of the programs startup... we're talking minutes 4-5.. not the normal 30 sec. or so that the D600 should take and again this only happens while on the docking station. Running Windows XP. Any suggestions?

38 Posts

July 29th, 2004 12:00

If you haven't already done this, I would try re-installing the OS with the computer locked in the docking station.  Use the setup "Repair" option (not the repair console).  I've had problems on occasion with docking stations and other peripherals that were cured by this process.  Remember to rerun Windows update after you complete the repair installation process.

Message Edited by hvstacey on 07-29-2004 07:19 AM

7 Posts

August 2nd, 2004 15:00

I have seen similar issue with W2K on the D-series laptops. You have to logon as the local admin and let it detect all the devices (Network & USB controllers, etc). Something funny about the D-Series is that it will create a new docking profile for each D-Dock / D-Port you use (even with the Universal Connect enabled in BIOS)

11 Posts

August 10th, 2004 20:00

I cant even get the Latitude BIOS to see the D/Dock.  Would re-installing windows make any difference if there is a disconnect between the BIOS and the D/Dock?
No Events found!