Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

20 Posts

February 22nd, 2007 00:00

D620 WiFi Catcher switch

This refers to the slide switch on the left side of the D620.
ON and OFF work fine.
When I slide the switch towards the FRONT of the laptop it is supposed to activate the WiFi catcher.  instead on my system it launched YAHOO MESSENGER - the chat program.

Where is this controlled (registry?) and how do I unlink it from Yahoo Messenger and relink it to the WiFi catcher.

Thanks

February 26th, 2007 18:00

Install QuickSet

20 Posts

February 26th, 2007 23:00

Quickset is installed and I use it to set various profiles.  Works fine.  BUT it does not assign anything to this switch.  At the moment the momentary contact position brings up Yahoo Messenger

23 Posts

August 2nd, 2007 17:00

Did you ever find a solution to this?  I am having a similar problem, Wifi catcher switch does nothing even though QuickSet is installed.

23 Posts

August 3rd, 2007 14:00

I would just like to add a recent experience I had similar to this.  I installed a Microsoft Wireless keybaord, which comes with their IntelliPoint software.  After doing this my Latitude D620 hotkeys no longer worked, including the Wifi catcher.  Simply uninstalling IntelliPoint fixed the problem, though I lose some extra functionality of my wireless keybaord.

1 Message

May 31st, 2014 19:00

Same problem  Windows 7 32 bit Dell D620   Quickset installed but when I try to activate it  computer says  "system not supported"  The wifi catcher works if the system is powered down.  What am I missing?

No Events found!