Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 8th, 2016 10:00

DELL 15R 5537 internet connection issues

Hi!

I have DELL 1705 WiFi + Bluetooth card. Suddenly I can't connect to any wire or wireless connection to internet while bluetooth works fine and only way I can connect to internet is by using my phone as modem with USB tethering option. If I launch full diagnostics in dell.com webpage with DELL System Detect, it passes all tests.

I've already checked - my airplane mode is off and wi-fi adapter is enabled. I also updated all drivers.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 8th, 2016 13:00

If you have antivirus software such as McAfee installed, disable it -- does the system then connect?

October 8th, 2016 14:00

No.. Tried to disable Antivirus and Firewall, still have same problem.

October 8th, 2016 21:00

If you mean device manager, then it shows no problem at all. When I plug in RJ-45 nothing happens. When I try wireless, it shows it's disabled (I guess, cuz of red cross) so it doesn't show any connections. Also checked physical adapter by placing it in another computer - it works there.

Is there any software supported way to check if this problem is caused by motherboard?

28 Posts

What does the computer do when you try to connect?  Have you check the hardware manager to see if there is any issues with the hardware such as conflicts or anything like that?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 9th, 2016 12:00

:emotion-2:

I like to suggest you uninstall /reinstall Dell 1705 Wifi + Bluetooth driver. In device manager, right click the driver and then click on uninstall. On the Device Manager taskbar, click on Action, and then Scan For Hardware Changes.

I also suggest you check Power Management in Properties - Dell 1705 WiFi +Bluetooth). If there isn't a check mark in the box then I suggest you place one in the box and then restart system. If there's a check mark in the first box then I suggest you uncheck the box and power off/ power on the system.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 9th, 2016 12:00

I also suggest you use the troubleshooting tools on system.[ I'm assuming windows 10 is on computer]..

Please type troubleshooting control panel onto [Cortana] search box, click "View All", and then Internet Connections. You can run the other troubleshooting tools as well.  

October 9th, 2016 21:00

I tried to reinstall drivers, more than once. Also tried power managment. It's Windows 7 and LXLE Electrica 16.04.1 dual-boot. Tried troubleshooting - only thing troubleshoot can tell me is that wireless capability is turned off.

No Events found!