Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 11th, 2013 07:00

DELL INSPIRON 15R 5521 charging problem

I've now strange issue, have purchased new 5521 few days ago, its charging disconnects frequently for a second and less and then starts. I've plugged it into charging about twenty minutes ago while battery was 10%, and after that, for about fifteen minutes, it kept showing message "battery is 10%" and now it is charging slowly slowly. Another thing, I was using dell n5050 before it and that was having almost double charging speed as compared to this one, is it problem with BIOS? I have updated BIOS to A06.

help will be appreciated. 

thanks 

Farrukh

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

March 11th, 2013 13:00

Hi Farrukh,

This can be an issue with the battery. To isolate the issue follow below mentioned steps:

Try running diagnostics on the computer, computer needs to turned off then try to press FN down and then while holding FN turn on the computer and keep holding the FN down if you see any message that says running diagnostics let go of the FN key and then complete the test, and reply back if there is any error message.

Try using the adapter without the battery and check if the computer stays on.

Also, connect a known good adapter to the computer and check the performance of the battery.

For more refer below mentioned Battery FAQ’s:

Awaiting your response!

16 Posts

March 11th, 2013 10:00

I'm now monitoring charging status, strange thing, it was at 55% while plugged into charging, then after few minutes it decreased to 54% and after four five minutes, it decreased to 53% while charging, and then it started increasing. I've consulted a friend and he is saying it is problem with BIOS version. So what should i do now? should i install previous version of BIOS (A04) ?

16 Posts

March 11th, 2013 23:00

Hello Rajesh, I've run the test, and it passed, removed battery and it worked fine on adapter power. But same problem when on battery, even changing adapter has no effect. So is battery faulty?  Is battery included in warranty? I have dell warranty card on which this company name is written http://www.unitech.pk/partners.html (it is showing authorized dell distributors)

should i take this laptop to them for battery replacement? ??

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

March 14th, 2013 15:00

Hi Farrukh,

The issue should be with the battery. Battery has 1 year warranty from the date of purchase.

For more information regarding battery FAQ’s refer below link.

http://dell.to/PFKWVl

If the computer has an active warranty, Kindly private message me the service tag. I will review your account and take the case forward.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Warranty status: http://dell.to/zEE2Cm

Awaiting your response!

16 Posts

March 15th, 2013 05:00

hi!

I'm unable to find any 'request to review' or friend option but i have sent you friend request and all details.

thanks

1 Message

May 25th, 2013 22:00

I bought Dell Inspiron 15R 5521 on 25-May-2013. The battery is not charging.

Rajesh I have tried fn key. It is not working. This is very frustrating. From begging problem started, may be more yet to come. :X

16 Posts

May 26th, 2013 00:00

hi! try to charge it with some other dell charger, i got my charger and battery replaced and problem was fixed. 

No Events found!