Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 21st, 2016 03:00

DELL INSPIRON 3521 Extremely loud fan noise

Hello everyone! I have a Dell Inspiron 3521 for about 2 years with minor problems. Last night though, the fan started making abnormally loud noises out of nowhere. So I restarted the laptop and the noise started again 10 minutes after booting. I repeated the process several times but the result was the same. I opened and cleaned the laptop thoroughly and updated the BIOS and all the drivers.Nothing changed, the fan keeps sounding like an airplane taking off ,10 minutes after the startup and doesn't stop till i turn off the laptop. It spins about 6000 rpm maximum while the normal was 3000-4000 rpm but it doesn't get heated more than it did before(50-60 degrees C). Note that dell replaced the fan 2 months ago so it is relatively new and that i updated to Windows 10 about a month ago.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

April 21st, 2016 11:00

" Nothing changed, the fan keeps sounding like an airplane taking off ,10 minutes after the startup and doesn't stop till i turn off the laptop ".

:emotion-2:

I like to suggest you run the Diagnostic tool on your computer to find any hardware problem that might be causing the loud noise.

A) Turn off the computer

B) Power on the computer, quickly tap the F12 key continuously. You should be in the diagnostic screen. Please report back any error codes.

www.youtube.com/watch

I also like to suggest you read the article in the link below, hopefully it help.

EDIT/ cnet com:

Most laptops have fans in them to circulate air and exhaust heat. Ideally, fan intakes are placed on the side, where they are less likely to be obstructed. However, these intakes may be too small, forcing the manufacturer to put additional ones underneath the laptop. On a hard surface, this isn't a problem, because such laptops have small rubberized feet that elevate them enough to create space.

However, you may use your laptop in bed or balance it on your lap while you're sitting on the couch. If doing so blocks your fan intakes, your laptop can quickly overheat, or it may revert to a low-power mode that makes it sluggish. Make sure air can circulate through your laptop.

Read More.......>>>>

download.cnet.com/.../troubleshoot-your-windows-laptop

No Events found!