Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 4th, 2014 01:00

DELL Inspiron N 5010 Beeps 8 times in row and doesn't showing on screen

Hi All

i'm having a dell inspiron N5010, some days ago i start my laptop and it started beeping 8 times in row and stop and again beeping, i google this problem and found that it may be lcd failure then i run the bist test it works ok and my lcd is working fine one day ago i faced the same problem so can anybody tell me what is the exact problem. what i need to do with the laptop to get the things right, is there is any problem with video card or something else.
thanks
please suggest me

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 4th, 2014 03:00

Hi PAWAN_TRIPATHI,

Good work on troubleshooting. I’d suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check if the beep pattern repeats.

1. Switch off the computer.
  2. Disconnect the AC adapter from the system.
  3. Remove the battery from the computer.
  4. Press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds.
  5. Then connect back all the peripherals and check if the beep pattern repeats.

Also, I would suggest you to connect the system to an external display and check if it works. 

August 4th, 2014 04:00

Thanks Ravi for the info

i want to tell you i have tried all the tricks stated above.

i have tested the LCD it works fine, my problem is some times it works good after BIST test, and some time display got stuck and start beeping 8 times in row again and again after a small time frame, so can you tell me what kind of problem it is. It's hardware or software problem one more thing my laptop battery is dead.

it works good with external display,

August 5th, 2014 04:00

Thanks Ravi for the info

i want to tell you i have tried all the tricks stated above.

i have tested the LCD it works fine, my problem is some times it works good after BIST test, and some time display got stuck and start beeping 8 times in row again and again after a small time frame, so can you tell me what kind of problem it is. It's hardware or software problem one more thing my laptop battery is dead.

it works good with external display,

August 6th, 2014 04:00

I also run the pre-boot system assessment test it show pass status for everything related to Lcd while testing the memory test my laptop get shut down and i repeat this 2 to 3 times and every time it gets shutdown at the time of cpu 1, cpu 2, cpu 3, and cpu 4 testing.

August 6th, 2014 04:00

please suggest me what to do please it's urgent.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 6th, 2014 11:00

Hi PAWAN_TRIPATHI,

It seems like a loose connection with the Display LVDS cable as both the graphic card and dispay seem to be fine. Also, I would suggest you to run the thorough test on the Memory in ePSA diagnostics. Please follow the steps mentioned below to run the complete test on the Memory.

1. Turn on or restart the computer.
  2. Immediately at the Dell logo screen, starting tapping the key once a second until the One Time Boot menu appears (if the computer boots to Windows turn the computer off and try again).
  3. At the One Time Boot menu, press the arrow key to highlight Diagnostics, PSA+ or Enter ePSA, then press to begin the hardware Diagnostics.
  4. During the hardware diagnostics test press ‘Esc’ key.
  5. Select the Memory and give a check on through test box in the right hand bottom corner.
  6. Run the test.
No Events found!