Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 22nd, 2014 07:00

DELL LAPTOP INSPIRON 15R CONTINOUS BEEPING

I have a Dell Inspiron 15R laptop. I couldn't able to start my laptop. Getting continuous beeps when I pressed Power Button. Can you please help me to resolve my issue. Not able to figure out the error. Its a one year Laptop. Not able to figure out the error. Ram issue or board issue. Please suggest the best.

Regards,

Subrahmanyam Nadikatla

<ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

April 23rd, 2014 05:00

Hi Snadikatla,

We are sorry about the situation, Try releasing the static power and check the system is working. Follow the steps below.

Switch off the system; remove the battery, ac adapter and the power cable. Press and hold down the power button for thirty seconds to drain any excess static power. In case the problem persists, Please pay close attention to the number of beeps. There is a big difference between a “beep-beep-beep” beep code and a “”beep-beep” beep code. Let us know how many times the system beeps. Also let me know the complete system model number.

Let us know about the progress.

2 Posts

April 28th, 2014 21:00

I have exact same situation with my 15R.

Continuous beeping, non stop. No beep code just continuous beeping.

I got it started after removing the battery and trying to start it over 100X.  I changed the power settings so it does not hibernate and am porting my data as I do not know if it will restart again. 

Any ideas? Is it the mother board?

Thanks

No Events found!