Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 15th, 2014 20:00

DELL Latitude E5440 not booting endless repeating loop

Hi, I am stuck with a dell E5440 here power light comes on and then laptop switches off and back on again and just repeat itself! I did not tried anything yet. It is i5 vpro and I installed 1TB HDD few months ago, it has been working no problem since yesterday.

December 15th, 2014 21:00

Hi Mass112,

Welcome to the Dell Community Forum.

Please shut down the computer, remove any external connected devices like USB drives, AC Adapter battery and press and hold Power button for a minute which will release the flea power. Connect the Battery, AC Adapter and Power ON the computer, tap F12 at the Dell logo to initiate the Diagnostics. Please make a note of any error message and revert us here with the system status.

10 Posts

December 19th, 2014 07:00

Hi, I have tried everything without any luck but I suspect the charger could be faulty as it only power light illuminate when the battery is in the system and still continues to power on and off. I check the voltage by using voltmeter in adapter and there was only 1-2V and no light in the charger. I ordered a new one specially original for E5440 and still waiting for it to arrive. I will let you know if it works. Thanks.

10 Posts

December 22nd, 2014 16:00

Hi again, I received the charger and it seems like with the new charger the laptop is doing exactly what has been doing with the battery. I noticed that the dummy card for the sd card reader was out of it's place and well pushed in. I checked inside and it seems like the card reader is out of it's place possibly damaged the soldering points or shorted. What shall I do? I am an electronic technician but this system have at least 6-7 months more warranty on it. I bought this with the help of the business that I work for and many of my colleagues either have this same laptop or are going to buy it. I live in UK, is it possible to get this posted to DELL to repair under the warranty.

10 Posts

December 23rd, 2014 00:00

Anyone from DELL, can you advice please?

1 Message

August 17th, 2016 01:00

I have the same issue. Shutdown your laptop. Remove the battery. Open the laptop backside and remove the RAM. Just clean the RAM slot by blowing air and re-insert the RAM and battery. Try now. It's work for me.

Note: Dont forget to go BIOS setting first while turn on your pc .

No Events found!