Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 11th, 2012 06:00

DELL N4050 running almost perfect except for one thing.... (Windows XP Pro 64X)

Hello.

I successfully installed Windows XP Pro 64X on my Dell Inspiron N4050.

I installed every single driver using helpful websites getting around the automatic messages the .exe programs give.

Now I am stuck on installing the Intel HD Graphics Driver.

I have no idea why but it keeps saying failed to load/find files, and it quickly displays around 4 files.
I have the legit download of the driver and its compatible... so I have no idea?

If someone has a fix for this I would love to here from you. 

September 11th, 2012 07:00

Hi Hellsvien,

You may manually download and install Intel HD Graphics drivers for Windows XP 64 bit from the following link:

http://intel.ly/Qh11gy

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

12 Posts

September 11th, 2012 08:00

Perfect. It worked! Thank you for the speedy feed back!

I am really really pleased with your service!

12 Posts

September 11th, 2012 09:00

I hate to bother you again.

Upon installing the DELL supplied software for my graphics card which is a Mobility Raedon 6470m, It acts like it installs perfectly but when I reboot like it asks, I cannot find the caytalist control center. It also acts like I do not have any graphics card driver installed for it...making my 8GB pc useless for gaming.

Do you have any info on this issue?

September 11th, 2012 13:00

Thank you for the response.

Currently, Windows XP 64 bit compatible drivers for AMD Mobility Radeon 6470M are not available. The drivers available on Dell and AMD site are for Windows 7 32 bit and Windows 7 64 bit only.

However, I have been able to find a suggested resolution online. This resolution is not tested. However, if you wish, you may try it:

1. Download the driver from the following link and save it to the desktop: http://bit.ly/PnJbuE
2. Double click on the file and extract the files. Remember the location where the drivers are extracted.
3. Go to the device manager. The display adapter (AMD Mobility Radeon 6470M) should show a yellow bang against it. Right click on the display adapter and select ‘Update Drivers’.
4. To the "Can Windows connect to Windows Update to search for software?" question, choose the No, not this time radio button and then click the Next button.
5. When asked "What do you want the wizard to do?” choose the Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) radio button and then click the Next button.
6. The next window that appears will be ‘Please choose your search and installation options’ containing several radio buttons and checkboxes. Check the ‘Search for the best driver in these locations’ radio button.
7. Uncheck the ‘Search Removable media (floppy, CD-ROM)’ option and check ‘Include this location in the search’. Click on Browse and go to the folder where you extracted the drivers and locate the following file in the folder: VGA_ATI_WIN7_32_WN7_64_z878300 \ Packages \ Drivers \ Display \ XP_INF
8. Click ‘OK’.
9. Click on Next.
10. Follow the instructions to install the drivers. When prompted to restart the system, click on Yes.

Once the system restarts, please check if the system is working fine or not. If these steps do not work, then the only drivers available for this device are for Windows 8, Windows 7 (32 Bit and 64 bit), Windows Vista (32 Bit and 64 bit) and Windows XP 32 Bit. While Windows 7 compatible drivers are available on both Dell and AMD websites, the remaining drivers are available on AMD site only.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

12 Posts

September 12th, 2012 07:00

Hello Bro, I tried this and it caused my XP Pro to go into a permanent blue screen loop.

I contacted AMD about the driver. I don't think they would release a fix just for me but it was

worth a try.

I am running my default Windows 7 Home Premium X64 now. It's actually running really well.

I will shrink a partition down some time when I have time...and try to run windows xp pro 64 of it.

Thanks for all your support! 

September 12th, 2012 09:00

Thank you for replying. I appreciate your technical expertise.

Windows XP being end of life, chances of XP compatible drivers being released are slim. You can create a dual boot environment with Windows 7 and Windows XP Professional and use Windows XP with the integrated graphics though. For graphic intensive applications like games, you can use Windows 7.

Let me know if you have any further questions. I will be glad to help.

2 Posts

November 25th, 2012 05:00

i installed OS win XP sp3 version 32 bit on my DELL inspiron N4050...... but when i tried to install graphics driver it gives error of about four missing files. i have to use this OS due to some software usage constraint. i need urgent help? 

12 Posts

November 25th, 2012 06:00

Sorry. It is a dead end. I worked for weeks on this and it simply does not work. I got stuck with graphics card drivers too. The AMD Driver.

No Events found!