Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

August 28th, 2016 16:00

DELL XPS 13 (and probably 15) Touchpad Driver Request

For the Dell moderators monitoring this forum...please discuss providing non-Microsoft touchpad drivers.  My primary complaint for my machine is the touchpad.  After reading several other forums with similar complaints, there seems to be a lot of people that insist that the Dell XPS touchpad issues stem from using Microsofts circa 2006 generic "precision touchpad" driver.  There isn't much ability to adjust settings with it, and the 2-finger scroll function is terrible.  I have tried some other suggested solutions, like installing generic Synaptics drivers, and they fix some things, but introduce other issues as well.  Can Dell please consider releasing some better drivers to improve the performance of the touchpad?  

1 Message

September 7th, 2016 01:00

I have the same problem and I really can't understand why such an excellent high-end notebook with almost perfect hardware does not have a functioning touchpad driver! The 2-finger scroll function is very jumpy and not usable. And the most annoying thing is that the scroll-function works differently in various applications. So there is no chance to calibrate something via settings. 

Dell, please give us a touchpad driver that makes us happy! ;-)

No Events found!