Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

May 1st, 2017 22:00

DELL XPS 13 - something drains battery during the night

Hi there, I have noticed this issue: I work on my DELL XPS 13, after work I switch it off using the windows button. As I switch it on next say morning, the battery LED is ON and the system says the battery is being charged - usually cca 10-15% is being drained during the night. No sleep mode, no hibernation, only shut down option (OFF). Does anyone of you experienced same issue?

Thanks,

Alois

9.4K Posts

May 4th, 2017 04:00

Hi aloisloucka,

Thanks for posting.

This sounds like a software issue. You might try turning on "airplane" mode before you shut the computer down to see if that makes a difference.  Some others have reported success by the following: (device manager->system devices-> Intel® management Engine interface-> (right-click) properties-> power management-> uncheck “allow computer to turn off this device to save power”).

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

May 4th, 2017 09:00

There are some tools you can use.  You might go to YouTube  and look Win 10 Seep Study or Battery report.

If you want or need to go further, look for Windows Performance Analyzer, which is part of the Windows SDK that needs to be downloaded and we can help with that if you can't find a video

No Events found!