Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

June 8th, 2015 12:00

DELL XPS 15 9530 - Max HDMI/Display-Port Resolutions

Hi All/Dell,

The HDMI output or the display port converted to HDMI does not drive my 2560x1600 DVI/HDMI external monitor.

What is the max resolution that can be driven by the HDMI and display port?

If I get a new display port external monitor, I want to make sure the display port output from the laptop can drive it.

I looked all over the User Manual, spec sheet, etc and could not find this information.

Thanks,

Carlton. 

3 Apprentice

• 

540 Posts

June 10th, 2015 14:00

Hey Carlton,

Thanks for the post! The specifications will differ depending on the GPU used in version of the system you’ve purchased.

For options purchased with the Discrete NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 750M 2GB GDDR5 card see:
www.geforce.com/.../specifications
For Intel® HD Graphics 4600 only systems see:
software.intel.com/.../quick-reference-guide-to-intel-processor-graphics

Other factors that may have an effect include the method you are using to display video on the external monitor, clone / extend, the cable being used, the video drivers installed and the settings capabilities of the monitor that you’re using.

Thanks,

1 Message

January 13th, 2016 04:00

Hi Dell Team,

I have a Dell XPS 159530. I am having challenges connecting it to my monitor which is a HP model Pavilion 23xi using the HDMI port. There is no display on the screen and since the Dell laptop does not have a VGA port when I use a HDMI to VGA converter to connect to the monitor via VGA I am able to project but it is very blurry.

My monitor connects well to other laptops on HDMI to HDMI

6 Posts

June 11th, 2016 23:00

The HDMI port can only be driven from the intel graphics and the max output is 1920x1080. I've had no luck trying to get any better resolution than that.

1 Message

August 23rd, 2016 08:00

I've had it connected to a 4k TV in the past at 3200 x 2160 30Hz, but since Windows 10 the HDMI doesn't work and neither does wireless display. Pretty apalling for a top of the range laptop really.

No Events found!