Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 6th, 2015 16:00

DELL XPS 15 WARNING!!!

Its about time I share my thoughts, I have been feeling very sad lately.

I purchased a DELL XPS 15, a premium device which Dell could offer. I chose This device over Apple MacBook Pro 15, having faith in DELL product over the rest of them.

After 3-4 months I started experiencing problem with my Laptop relating to Sleep of the Laptop. I posted on this forum for help with the issue but the solutions given by the technician did not work but put me in more trouble.

After many unsuccessful attempts to solve the problem I took my Laptop to DELLS OFFICIAL SERVICE CENTER and found out that "THE MOTHERBOARD OF MY DELL XPS WAS DEFECTIVE, HAD PROBLEM " the main system defective.

I got my laptop from the service center VERY LATE from the claimed time and when I powered on my laptop "THERE WAS 500GB HARD DISK INSTEAD OF 1TB HARD DISK AND DELL INSPIRON DRIVERS INSTALLED INSTEAD OF DELL XPS DRIVERS"

I GOT CHEATED BY DELL SERVICE CENTER. A CASE OF FRAUD.

I finally received my laptop now Losing all faith and trust in DELL Products and DELL SERVICE. I don't even know if the parts in my laptop are genuine or not. I am just warning about the drawbacks and troubles you could get into. I was very happy and excited about my laptop but all are in ashes now.

IS THIS THE QUALITY I GET FROM DELL???

IS THIS WHAT SERVICE WE GET FROM OFFICIAL DELL SERVICE CENTER???

25 Posts

September 6th, 2015 19:00

I assume your system is with a 32G SSD. I bought a Dell Inspiron 15R SE with 32G SSD + 1T HDD in 2012, and the system failed to resume after sleep whenever the memory usage is over 4.2G. I figured out that it is caused by the Intel Rapid Start Technology, which is misconfigured by Dell both in the Bios and the system driver. Someone said that Dell told them it is caused by the defective motherboard, but I doubt that. If it is for the defective motherboard, why do so many people meet the same problem. It is like every motherboard they manufactured is defective. Besides, I got continuous irstrtsv errors in the Event Viewer every five minutes.

To resolve the problem:

(1) Don't sleep the system when you have many programs running, shut down instead.

(2) Alternately, Change the 1T HDD to SSD and don't use Intel Rapid Start Technology and everything will be fine.

Anyway, I will purchase other brand when this one is broken.

11 Posts

September 7th, 2015 01:00

@jzhangphd I do not know about others but I WAS TOLD BY THE DELL SERVICE EXPERT THAT My Motherboard is defective. I did not assume it or anything on my own.

I tried many solutions and solutions given on this forum by dell but nothing worked.

This was my first Dell product and It was a disaster.

After getting cheated by Dell I have lost all faith in Dell and its quality. I am very disappointed and sad.

1 Message

September 27th, 2015 18:00

agreed. i have experienced the same thing!

dell utterly disappointed me!!!

11 Posts

October 7th, 2015 00:00

@duyhiep It is very sad to hear, it is very disappointing being a victim of such service provided by DELL.

It makes one lose Faith in the Brand.

No Events found!