Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2013 01:00

DELL XPS L502X is NOT for GAMING

I thought buying DELL's laptop was a smart choice.

But no..

It has many defects and problems.

I have a XPS L502X and I cannot use it to play 3D games, even the older ones.

It gets overheat quickly although the fan is working just fine and I also add a laptop cooler underneath it.

So the game always stutter and freezes at some point needs a hard reboot, when I checked with nVidia system monitor the core temp could reach +/-100C.

For example : I can't even play DOOM3 with minimum setting and resolution?!!

To think that L502X specs with i7 quad cores 8Gb and nVidia GT540M with 2Gb vram is higher than DOOM3 requires.

My old dualCore CPU still can outrun L502X.. confusing.. is DELL QC dept really exist..

Don't be fooled by the high specs they offer.. is not a guarantee it will working as it should.

AND YES.. I already UPDATE ALL THE NEWEST DRIVERS including the BIOS update (which is making it more WORST!! and I decide to downgrade it again)

And everytime I update nVidia driver it feels slugish even more.

Now this laptop only handling word processing and CADs... so sad.

I know my laptop is now "old" but the problems above appears from the beginning (service tag <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy> ),

and now I'm thinking other than DELL as a replacement laptop.

August 3rd, 2013 04:00

Hi...

my lap also dell xps l502x

my laptop also freezes randomly when i was play the game..

everytime i notice the gpu temprature is reach 99 it's freece.. it's so irritating me

you search the solution in google lot of people tell u update graphics drivers and bios also

finally i got the solution

i fix it myselt i can play any game , no lag , no freeze , nothing wrong
First u need to download the program Nvidia Inspector

after that download open the program and look down u can see a button " show overclocking "

it ask u sure click on yes and u can see a page in right 

just low shader clock about 998 and click on "Apply Clocks & Voltage"

after that test a game , i Promise it work 
it work nice ,i must say something to you , when u shutdown or restart your laptop your setting reset and not work u must create a shortcut in nvidia Inspector in show overclocking page and put your shortcut in startup so Each time your windows up your setting will be done

2 Posts

August 3rd, 2013 10:00

You don't need nvidia inspector to do that.

nVidia Control Panel can do it for you and can load all the setting from a saved profile each time you start window.

And yes I already tinker with it..

Still overheat, and the cooling pad (I use cooler master pad) is not helping at all.

I also cleaned the laptop vent and fan, no success..

August 3rd, 2013 13:00

iam also using man..

but i don't know about your skill so i post the old one..

k

i am also facing your same problem as u mensioned above

i follow that step now i enjoy all higher graphics game

Need For Speed, Assassin's Creed III, Hitman Absolution, Cysis, Battlefield 3, Gta IV etc...

April 16th, 2014 14:00

Well dont pull it down so low, I keep it as the memory clock just 25 Mhz below spec and it works fine with very minimal loss in performance, sad to know I have to do it with my $1100 laptop tho :(

Saving up to buy a digital storm  Krypton :D

No Events found!