Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 24th, 2016 05:00

DELL inspirion 3148 Keyboard

I read my discussions regarding the keyboard n aware of the problems.Q, A, Z, Caps, shift, control , fn esc, 1, ` doesn't work after long period of not using it.  I live in South Korea and in my country this product cannot be fixed. how can I get it fixed??

2K Posts

June 24th, 2016 13:00

Hi INSOOCEO,

Is there any liquid spillage / physical damage on the system? Does an external keyboard work fine on the system? Are the specified keys not working at all or do they work intermittently?

You could contact our Dell Reseller in your country and get the system serviced. If there is no warranty, it would be a paid service call - check your reseller options here - http://bit.ly/1OaGai4

Write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

November 19th, 2016 08:00

This is an Inherent problem with this computer.  I live in Ohio--have the same problem with the same keys.  I've seen many other posts by others having the same problem.  After hitting the keys long enough, they eventually decide to work.  I have the latest drivers and BIOS.  It's time for Dell to own up to the problem and replace our computers.

No Events found!