Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 27th, 2013 09:00

DVD Drive Not Recognized After Boot or Restare

Have a Dell Latitude E6410 laptop which I loaded Win7 Pro 64 on myself. Came with 7 Pro 32. All necessary drivers from Dell web site loaded, I think. This system has a modular drive bay in which the DVD resides, this is how the system came. Boot drive is a WD 320GB HDD. Drive in question is listed and BIOS (A15) is able to be booted from.

If booting or restarting, the dvd drive is not recognized in Win7, neither in device manager nor computer. If waking from hibernation the drive then appears. Further, if an external, usb dvd drive is attached, the system boots and both dvd devices are seen.

Not sure where to look but, it seems as there is a setting somewhere that is causing this behavior.

One last note, I did check the register and there was no upper or lower filter entry for the dvd drive in the modular bay prior to my attaching the portable device.

Further note, a thread regarding this matter is posted in the Drives forum but thought I would post here just in case someone not reading there may have some insight re. this matter.

Any help with matter would be hugely appreciated.

32 Posts

December 30th, 2013 07:00

No Events found!