Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

June 25th, 2015 17:00

DVD-RW Drive not working

Hello, I have a Inspiron 3737 with Windows 10. I have had a problem with my DVD Drive. First, Dell sent out a replacement Drive, a USB to reinstall Windows 8.1, and I later sent it in for repairs. Recently, it only works half the time. It would pass the pre-boot diagnostics and would work for a few days, but then I would have to run diagnostics again. Today, it did not pass the diagnostic (I did not write down the error code.) In the past, I went into the registry and deleted "lowerfilter and upperfilter" which worked temporarily. My warranty ran out 2 days ago, so I would like to know if I can fix my DVD Drive without sending it in. Does anyone know how to get it working? Thanks

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

June 25th, 2015 18:00

Hi Mlke9876,

I would suggest you to run the diagnostics on the system again and private message us the error code and system service tag so that I can check and assist you.

27 Posts

June 30th, 2015 06:00

Hi I'm back. I ran Diagnostics and everything passed. DVD Drive did not show up. It had "Boot Path 0" where DVD Drive was. My Tag is Service tag removed per privacy policy>. The Drive shows up under "my PC." Anyone know what Boot Path means?

27 Posts

June 30th, 2015 15:00

Anyone?

No Events found!