Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 13th, 2017 04:00

Damage on Dell Inspiron 15 5570

Hi guys,

I Bought a Dell Inspiron 15 5570 from Canada and brought that to India. Once i was in India i came to know that there has been a small crack on top right corner of the Laptop. Unfortunately I had regional warranty limited to Canada. I also have applied for Ownership transfer from Canada for transferring the warranty of my laptop to India but when i spoke to Dell India, they say that the warranty which will be transferred to india wont have any effect in India and i have to purchase a new warranty in India.

This is a new laptop and i purchased on 1st of December 2017 from Official Dell website Canada.

If someone is able to help me in this regard it would be great:emotion-1:

1 Attachment

9.4K Posts

December 13th, 2017 05:00

Hi nagharjun,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that you are having difficulties transferring your warranty from Canada to India.  The terms of the warranty program are described here.  

1.  If the system has only a return-to-depot warranty, it cannot be transferred.  To transfer, you must upgrade to an onsite service plan (at extra cost at the time of purchase), and

2.  If the model isn't sold in India, it will not have support there -- you'd have to return it to Canada if repair is ever needed, and support calls would have to go through Dell Canada.

From the photo you submitted, it would appear that the damage could have been caused by someone inserting a locking cable into the security slot, then twisting it off to remove the lock instead of unlocking it.  Unfortunately this type of damage would not be covered under warranty.

No Events found!