Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 9th, 2010 02:00

Dell 1510 video card problem (nVidia chip )

I have a dell vostro 1510 that have a problem with graphic chip (nvidia 8400 M GS), it is the same famous issue of nvidia chipsets ,,,,,,,, i bought my laptop more than 2 years ago and now it is out of warranty , so i have to pay myelf for repairing it and i want to choose the best solutions ,,,,,,,,,
my question is that :
i asked some hardware technicians about a solution for my problem and there are 2 different ideas:
1) some of them say that i have to change the graphic chip with a new one (Nvidia chip)and this will solve the problem some how for ever

2) some of them say that changing graphic chip with a Nvidia one will not solve the problem , because all nvidia chipsets are defected and soon you eill face will the same problem , the solution is changing the main bord with another type of mailbord that uses Intel graphic chipset, in this way i have to pay more but is more secure than the previous solution ,

i am completely confused becasue i have to pay a lot (first solution 140 uero , second solution 250 euro) and yet i am not sure how many more months with my laptop work with each solution ,
please help me about this issue
Thanks

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 9th, 2010 02:00

It is true that many engineers believe all these nVidia chips are defective.  While you can't change just the chip, there is an Intel-video version of the system board you can use - that one has no reliability problems.

4 Posts

November 10th, 2010 00:00

Thank you EJN63 for your reply

one more question:

if i change the system board with an Intel-Video version , will the graphic quality be more lower than nVidia one or not (( is the effect of this change significant in the video quality ))

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 10th, 2010 03:00

The display will be the same.  The speed of course will be slower - however, it's a choice:  reliable, slower video or another unreliable, faster nVidia chip.

No Events found!