Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 18th, 2017 08:00

Dell 17r 5737 can't sleep or shut down

Hello,

I have serious problems with my laptop. Sometimes when i close the lid it goes to sleep. But most of the times it doesn't. The fan and the hard drives are still working or sometimes i hear the hard drives spinning even louder.

I've checked my advanced power settings and i can't understand what's wrong.

I should mention that i've replaced my cd-rom with a 2nd hdd caddy. The fact that it doesn't always recognize the 2nd hard drive could be connected with the other problems?

Please help!!!! 

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 20th, 2017 08:00

For testing, power off and remove the secondary HDD caddy from the Laptop. Then power back on and retest. Do you still have the issues?

9 Posts

March 28th, 2017 07:00

The fix for the shut down and sleeping problems was the intel management interface version 11 driver. I installed the version 9.5 one and problems solved.

As for the 2nd hdd tray it seems to find the hard drive when i changed the WD 1TB with a Hitachi 320GB.

9 Posts

March 20th, 2017 08:00

It actually worked. I also restored dell power plan defaults before i try if it worked.

Does that mean that the HDD caddy is faulty or the system can't work with it correctly?

I run windows 10 and have the latest drivers and bios from the dell website.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 21st, 2017 07:00

Unknown. I cannot find any internal documentation that shows that we shipped this 2013 model in that two HDD setup. So you may be in untested waters. Hopefully another user will post their two HDD experience.

9 Posts

March 21st, 2017 16:00

Unfortunately, when it tries to go to sleep after 10 minutes of doing nothing, the screen turns off but the laptop stills works. Only the power button lights up. How can i find what keeps it awake?

No Events found!