Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 5th, 2017 07:00

Dell 5480 USB not working with WD15 & Citrix Receiver

Hey

We have the problem that the usb mouse and keyboard does not work lots of times with the Dell 5480 & wd15 if Citrix Receiver is installed, did any of you try that.

we have the same problem with the 5 Dell 5480 that we have in the company.

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

October 5th, 2017 12:00

That's a known issue on the TB16 dock due to the ASMedia USB driver that it requires to be installed. That driver is not required for the WD15 docks, but if you installed that driver anyway on those systems, it might affect them as well.  The fix is simply to update Citrix Receiver on the affected systems to at least 4.9.  This Dell support article explains the issue and provides a link to Citrix to download an updated Citrix Receiver client: www.dell.com/.../tb16-dock-losing-connection-to-peripherals-and-network-on-reboot-with-citrix-receiver-client-software-installed

October 6th, 2017 00:00

We are allready using the Citrix receiver version  4.9, and have used all the latests dell firmware and drivers

October 17th, 2017 01:00

Looks like some driver error with Dell and Citrix, when i am using a local admin users the problem is NOT there, but if i am using a regular user(NOT local admin) the problem is there

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

October 17th, 2017 09:00

Interesting find!  I remember tearing my hair out trying to figure out why iTunes would always lock up within about 30 seconds when launched normally but ran perfectly fine when launched with elevated privileges, even after a clean rebuild of the system.  It turned out it was conflicting with the Bluetooth tray icon application, of all things!  Most drivers themselves will load identically between admin and standard users because most operate in "kernel mode", but now that you've identified this distinction, I would start by going through the Task Manager > Startup tab and seeing if you can find something that allows the dock to work properly when disabled.

No Events found!